Since I haven’t been able to do much close work, I’ve been spending some time re-organizing my workspace…actually, just organizing it, since so much has changed since I started out 5 years ago! It took several hours, over a couple of days, to get all my material out in the open and organized by type (it was done by color before, and a real mess!), and I got it all done..I thought. I started laying them out on the cutting table, by type:
but soon saw that I had a much greater variety of fabrics than when they were organized by color, so had to spread out a bit:
That was just the first day. This is what it looked like by the time I was through:
I was greatly relieved to have it all ready to be put back in drawers, then I turned around and spotted this:
Seems I totally forgot about a large part of the fabrics I got from my seamstress friend who was closing up her business and moving South!
On top of that disheartening discovery, I also discovered that while I had happily figured that I had about 20 different fabrics and about 25 drawers….I hadn’t thought about the fact that some of those fabric types would take up 3 or 4 drawers! So…..i quit! Well, for a little bit anyhow, just to take a breather and figure out exactly what was going to go where, etc.
But hey, I did get a lot done, and since I apparently have no followers who are reading my posts anyhow, it’ll get done when it gets done. However, since I refuse to allow myself to be discouraged by my lack of followers (and customers), I’m going to keep working at the organizing and the “blogging”, so I’ll be ready when I have both!
See y’all later (and by “all” I mean: Bob, Linda and Karen – my brother, sister-in-law, and loyal friend. as well as a few fb friends)!